Here is what we have been able to do in 2015:
- Donated $207.50 to the Fairfield School Literacy Program in Saco. Fairfield Elementary was where Elle attended kindergarten.
- Donated $250.00 to the CK Burns PTO for Performing Arts.
- Gave out $1,200.00 in scholarships for college-bound students at the Steppin Out Dance Center in Saco. We have given out these scholarships every year since we started. Steppin Out was where Elle took dance classes and it was her favorite activity.
- Donated $150.00 to Saco Little League.
- Sponsored the Elle Dash at the Hugs From Haley 5K. We have worked closely with Hugs from Haley for years and they were amazingly supportive of Elle during her illness. You can learn more about them at hugsfromhayley.com/. They are a wonderful charity and deserving of any support you can give them.
- Donated $1,000.00 to the Maine Children's Cancer Program.
- Donated $1,000.00 to the Barbara Bush Children's Hospital.
Again, that brings our total to almost $25,000 in total distributions since we began. And now it is even easier to help the Fund continue it's work.
We have (finally!) activated online donations. If you go to powerofelle.org you will see our brand-new Donate button at the top of the page. It can be a one-time donation or a recurring monthly donation if you so choose.
If you are looking to donate to a charity this holiday season, please consider the Power of Elle. All the money you send us goes right back out into the community.
Have a wonderful holiday season and we look forward to doing even more in 2016!